Inspection & Testing - 10017, Fundamentals
The Inspection & Testing Fundmentals course will provide the basis for your success in inspecting & testing of water-based systems. It can be taken for CEU, CPD, and NICET prep of Test #10017: Level I Inspection and Testing Fundamentals.
This course provides details per NFPA 25 2014.
Course modules include:
- Introduction to inspection & testing of water-based systems
- NICET Level I exam process
- Introduction to NFPA 25
- Water supply and wet systems
- Standpipes and fire department connections
- Inspection procedures
- Tools and test equipment
- Identification signs
- Dry pipe systems
- Preaction systems
- Fire pumps
Immediately after each module there will be a quiz covering the specific topic. A final exam will test your knowledge. Additional exams are available to help hone your test taking skills!
Continuing Education Approval:
- Wisconsin: Course 18607
- ICC: Course 12600
If your state or requiring agency needs a course approval, please submit request to .
Understand the fundamentals of Inspection and Testing per NFPA 25 2014.
This course provides the knowledge to:
- Identify tools and test equipment
- Determine inspection procedures and define inspection frequencies for the following types of systems and their components:
- Sprinkler systems
- Fire pumps
- Standpipe systems
- Fire department connections